movers-and-packers Hyderabad, AL
370 Visits | 1 Posts | 1 Pix | 0 Videos
Investment-Propertie... Rochester, MN
421 Visits | 1 Posts | 0 Pix | 0 Videos
See all journals...

Current Top-Rated Posters

RatingPosts
Lance in Buena Vista, CO0.002

Every day one of us says, "I love this house!" It really is a dream come true.
Bob in Chapel Hill, NC

Try one of our new Construction Bargain Strategies for free. Coupon code: CBS. One strategy could save you $1,000 or $10,000 or maybe $50,000 when you build or remodel.
25,000 pages of free owner-builder resources.  We accept no ads.

Rock Bottom Prices for Doorknobs

Filter by date: and/or Keyword

Reply... Subscribe to this topic

Doug's Forum Posts: 2
Interview Answers: 1

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Doug in Scottsville, KY on 6/20/2006

Hello all,

I am planning to break ground on an ICF house in August. We are trying to wrap up all of the "detail" items . . . when I started pricing doorknobs, I was SHOCKED. We had wanted an antique brass look in a lever-style doorknob throughout the house. When I tallied up the price for the door knobs from Lowe's & HD, it was over $1,000!!

For some of my other items I have tried to use shopzilla.com to find the cheapest "store" to purchase. When I checked for my doorknobs, I ran across a website (store.ebuilderdirect.com) that has ROCK BOTTOM PRICES on doorknobs, outdoor lighting and cabinet hardware. The doorknobs that I want (ALL of them) came to a total of $318!! I could not believe it. The "store" is located in North Carolina.

I have not ordered them yet . . . I wanted to do some additional checking into it first. Has anyone used/ordered from this website? If so, please share your experience.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DV

Reply...

Clayton's Forum Posts: 2

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Clayton on 11/28/2006

Hey Doug,

Excellent prices, but how has the quality of the knobs you ordered turned out?

CH

Reply...

Alvin's Forum Posts: 30

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Alvin in FL on 11/29/2006

I bought all of my interior lever-style doorknobs from them. You cannot beat their prices anywhere. I had already installed Schlage lever locksets on my exterior doors and was going to buy matching sets from Lowe's for my interior doors for $30 each. I got almost identical lever sets from ebuilders for $9 each. The quality is about the same. We are very happy with them and it saved a lot of money.

They also have good prices on cabinet knobs and lighting.

Alvin

Reply...

2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 Merit Award Winner
Contributing Editor

Kenneth's Forum Posts: 937
Interview Answers: 181

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Kenneth in Lees Summit, MO on 11/29/2006

Would you please write a review in the "Reviews" section of the forum. This section is not yet reaching critical mass, but it would be nice to have one section so that future surfers can get great information like this easily and in one location.

Thank you.

Reply...

Joe's Forum Posts: 54
Journal Entries: 4

Private Message

Image from Joe's blog

Login to Vote

By Joe in Ruskin, FL on 11/30/2006

I would be interested in also hearing how the finish and mechanical aspects hold up after 6 months or so of use. I have purchased exterior Kwikset units and others from Home Depot in the past couple of years as replacements for the house I currently live in. They all looked great and seemed to work well at the time of purchase, but within anything from a few months to a year would start to deteriorate in one fashion or another. The last Kwikset exterior unit that I purchased from Home Depot cost around $25 and within two months the finish started to peel away. I didn't bother to try to return it since I had not kept the receipt, and have just decided to wait to replace it and others just before putting this place on the market after I have finished my new home.

It is just a sad commentary on all the inferior crap that is produced now in the hopes that not enough people will complain and return the items. I am now finished being so accepting of this type of product and will keep all future receipts and return merchandise that does not live up to the standards being touted. 

I suggest we all try to be more proactive on such issues and get the word out when we do find an inferior product. That is why I have asked you to report back if the product does not hold up and, actually if you and others report not only that but also if the products have performed better than expected over time you let us know as well. I recognize it is a lot to ask due to the additional time factor but it certainly would be helpful so the rest of us could support companies that do still produce quality products. SORT OF OUR OWN CONSUMER REPORTS FOR OWNER-BUILDERS.

Thanks for allowing me to vent!

Joe H

Reply...

Alvin's Forum Posts: 30

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Alvin in FL on 11/30/2006

The lever knobs have been on my interior doors for close to six months now. They were on through part of the construction process and now while we are living in the house. So far so good. They are very comparable to what you get for $25-$30 at Lowe's for interior knobs. I doubt that there will ever be any issue with the finish as they are brushed stainless steel with nothing to peel off.

They have a 10-Yr. Mechanism &  5-Yr. Finish warranty.

I did not use any of these on my exterior doors since I had already bought Schlage locksets for over $100 each for those doors but upon comparison of the two this morning, the look and feel of the two are almost identical. The only difference I see is that these are grade 3 locks and the Schlage are grade 2 locks. Grade 2 locks are stronger, but since most exterior doors have some sort of glass or sidelites that can be broken to reach in and unlock the door anyway, the strength of the lock is not that big an issue. You better get an alarm system.

Alvin

Reply...

Bill's Forum Posts: 30

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Bill in Irving, TX on 12/4/2006

I purchased all my knobs at handlesets.com. I bought levers and oblong knobs. I was very happy with the service, prices and returns. I am still happy with the knobs after almost a year and a half of use.

Reply...

Denny's Forum Posts: 1

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Denny in Franklin , TN on 3/1/2010

Hey Alvin,

Thanks for the good info.

I plan on changing my entire home of Schlage hardware out with some antique bronze.

Denny

Reply...

Reply... Subscribe to this topic

Copyright 1997-2020 Consensus Group Inc.