movers-and-packers Hyderabad, AL
352 Visits | 1 Posts | 1 Pix | 0 Videos
Investment-Propertie... Rochester, MN
403 Visits | 1 Posts | 0 Pix | 0 Videos
See all journals...

Current Top-Rated Posters

RatingPosts
Lance in Buena Vista, CO0.002

I am very glad that I found your book on Amazon and subsequently your website. I have wanted to manage my home construction for some time. I had always felt like I had about 60% of the information that I thought that I needed to be successful. Now my wife is actually believing that we can do this.
Mike Clark

Try one of our new Construction Bargain Strategies for free. Coupon code: CBS. One strategy could save you $1,000 or $10,000 or maybe $50,000 when you build or remodel.
25,000 pages of free owner-builder resources.  We accept no ads.

DFW Area Subs

Filter by date: and/or Keyword

Reply... Subscribe to this topic

Randy's Forum Posts: 6

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Randy in Rockwall, TX on 4/18/2006

Hi all,

Wondering if any of you who have/are building in the Dallas area would be willing to share good/bad subs? 

Reply...

Eric's Forum Posts: 3
Journal Entries: 32
Interview Answers: 170

Private Message

Image from Eric's blog

Login to Vote

By Eric in Roanoke, TX on 5/23/2006

I would like to second that request for good subs within Dallas/Fort Worth area. The only one I can give a recommendation for right now is Cornerstone Electric 682-438-7060.
Reply...

Patrick 's Forum Posts: 1

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Patrick in Denton, TX on 6/11/2006

Randy and Eric, 

First, let me start by informing you on my situation.  I am also in the planning stages of my own home.  I have completed The O-B Book and am currently working on The Well-Built House.  We own a 1.6-acre lot in a small community north of Denton.  We have started a dream home notebook in which we have compiled a list of about 100 upgrades, of which only about half will actually make it into our house... but hey, it's nice to dream.  We have been preapproved for a considerable amount over our goal loan amount, and we are now ready to set up a preliminary budget.  One thing is holding us up.  We cannot seem to get in touch with a reasonable, reputable designer.  We have taken some ideas from some floor plan books, just need to make them all fit together to flow with the outward appearance we prefer.  Could you guys possibly recommend someone?

I have not started the bid process yet, but I work with a lot of O-B's at the office who have been just showering me with advice on subs.  I have never had any dealings with the following company, but I have heard nothing but good things about them.  It is a framing crew and they are supposed to be awesome and reasonable!  Someone at work told me that they got their house completely in the dry and wrapped with Tyvek wrap for around $3.50 per sq. ft.  I am new at this, but I am pretty sure that this is a good price.  Let me know if you have found anything better.

Company name:  Ruiz construction:  ph: 214-704-2633

Reply...

Eric's Forum Posts: 3
Journal Entries: 32
Interview Answers: 170

Private Message

Image from Eric's blog

Login to Vote

By Eric in Roanoke, TX on 6/12/2006

Hey Everyone,

We went with an actual architect. He was pretty reasonable and has a reputation for building some nicer custom homes in University Park for a buddy of mine. He is actually out of Rhome, Texas and works out of his house. He charged us @$5,500 for a 5,000 sf house. We worked with him for 8 months on the design. His email is jkarchitecture@earthlink.net. Also, we wanted our home to be as energy efficient as possible, so we are using the guys at energywisestructures.com to design the HVAC. Because we are using ICF and open-cell foam, the tonnage on the HVAC will be less; they will work that up for us.

The names are:

James Kiraly Architecture 817.638.2667

Energy Wise Structures
2925 Galleria Drive
Arlington, Texas 76011

Hope that helps.

Reply...

MARK 's Forum Posts: 5

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By MARK in NORTH RICHLAND HILLS, TX on 6/14/2006

Patrick,

I'm building in the Eagle Mt Lake area. I have the lot, the plans should be ready next week. I am using The Plan Factory, planfactory.com, to do my design. I was recommend to go to them by a GC a couple of years ago. I checked out several other architects and found The Plan Factory to have the best price and service so far. 60 cents a sq ft  (a/c area only). That's for design, less for stock plans, ask for Mandy. Tell them I sent you.

Thanks for the framer. I'll add them to my bid list. Do you have any other subs that have been recommended?

Thanks, Mark

Reply...

Reply... Subscribe to this topic

Copyright 1997-2020 Consensus Group Inc.