Investment-Propertie... Rochester, MN
422 Visits | 1 Posts | 0 Pix | 0 Videos
See all journals...

Current Top-Rated Posters

RatingPosts
Lance in Buena Vista, CO0.002

Nice changes to the website. Thank you!
Julie Casey

Try one of our new Construction Bargain Strategies for free. Coupon code: CBS. One strategy could save you $1,000 or $10,000 or maybe $50,000 when you build or remodel.
25,000 pages of free owner-builder resources.  We accept no ads.

Superior Walls

Filter by date: and/or Keyword

Reply... Subscribe to this topic

Pablo's Forum Posts: 9
Journal Entries: 6
Interview Answers: 73

Private Message

Image from Pablo's blog

Login to Vote

By Pablo in Mullica Hill, NJ on 12/17/2008

Hi,

I am trying to finalize my plans, I am debating a stick home or a home that will have a basement and first floor with Superior Walls and the rest stick. The home will have a 2,600 SF first floor and a second floor with 800 SF. The master suite will be located in the first floor. I considered SIPs but the cost and lack of installers in my area moved me away from it. Anyone have a Superior Walls construction home?

Pablo

Reply...

Faye's Forum Posts: 286
Interview Answers: 140

Private Message

My Construction Website

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Faye in Marseilles, IL on 12/17/2008

I have a Superior Walls foundation and I hope you have better luck than I did. I have read of many satisfied customers but my experience was terrible. I think it really depends on the installer. Superior Walls recommended them and told me they had all kinds of experience but that wasn't the case. My walls were made and then sat on semi trailers in my yard for two months. When they finally started to install them, they never checked to make sure the panels were built according to spec.

After they were all installed, I saw that the vents were in the wrong spots and my garage door threshold was 2' off. My framer checked it for level and plumb and it was neither. When I questioned, their response was to pack up and leave. I eventually ended up doing a settlement with them and was able to fix some of the problems; but would never deal with them again. Good luck.
Reply...

Pablo's Forum Posts: 9
Journal Entries: 6
Interview Answers: 73

Private Message

Image from Pablo's blog

Login to Vote

By Pablo in Mullica Hill, NJ on 12/19/2008

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to me I am sorry to hear about your experience, the quote I received includes the installation by Superior Walls. I am just curious to see if anyone has gone above the foundation with Superior Walls.

Happy Holidays!!!

Pablo

Reply...

Chuck's Forum Posts: 14

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Chuck in Charlotte, NC on 2/7/2009

Pablo:

I have built several homes where I installed the Superior Walls product.  To me there are pros as well as cons concerning the product.  The installers in my area (NC) were fine, I had to have the site prepped before they would come to install.  Sounds like a logical request but let me explain.

To have the site prepped meant having washed stones installed around the full perimeter of where the walls are going to sit.  The washed stone essentially acts as the footings for the Walls as well as being part of the drain system.  I thought the company that installed the rock did a fantastic job.

Superior Walls comes to install their product once it is ready and also after the stone has been inspected by a Superior Walls rep to confirm it is right.  Once they are on the job, if they have any issues at all it is ALWAYS the problem of the guy who was in before them not having everything perfect for them.

My problem with this scenario is that I want Sup. Walls to install the stone and KNOW that it is right before they install their product.  Another reason for this is because the Sup Walls product guarantees that the walls do not need to be waterproofed, since they are 5,000 psi concrete, and their warranty and/or guarantee of this is very good.  BUT, if you ever have a leak, their response will be that the drain system was not installed properly.  If they are going to guarantee something I want them to be 100% responsible for everything that has anything to do with that guarantee.  Without installing the washed stone they have an out.

The product is great but for me there are too many potential future issues so I choose another product over Sup Walls.

Have a productive day and Good Luck in your endeavor.

Chuck

Reply...

Reply... Subscribe to this topic

Copyright 1997-2020 Consensus Group Inc.