552 Visits | 1 Posts | 0 Pix | 0 Videos
gypsyhillfarm East Petersburg , PA
1,172 Visits | 3 Posts | 1 Pix | 0 Videos
Our-log-home Thomaston, GA
1,064 Visits | 2 Posts | 4 Pix | 0 Videos
See all journals...

Current Top-Rated Posters

RatingPosts

I am starting to wonder if a lot of people here have not even read The O-B Book. Go get it, guys!!!
Baine in California

Try one of our new Construction Bargain Strategies for free. Coupon code: CBS. One strategy could save you $1,000 or $10,000 or maybe $50,000 when you build or remodel.
Moderated by Holly in Massillon, OH
25,000 pages of free owner-builder resources.  We accept no ads.

O-B's in Marietta area

Filter by date: and/or Keyword

Reply... Subscribe to this topic

B's Forum Posts: 4

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By B in Marietta, OH on 2/5/2006

Hi all!

I am Marietta and have been seriously considering acting as an O-B on a home construction.  The problem is that this is not a big town with lots of choices on contractors.  Are there other O-B's out there in the Marietta area?  I would love to talk with someone who has gone through the process in this area.

Thanks for any help!

Reply...

Kevin's Forum Posts: 10
Interview Answers: 4

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Kevin in Morgantown, WV on 3/25/2006

B,

Hi there.  I am an OB in Morgantown, WV.  I am not real close Marietta, but I am in Parkersburg pretty often. I have friends and family that live down there.  Actually the guy I had frame my house is in Parkersburg.  I used Sterling Building Systems, they won't sell to an OB, but I ran it through a builder here in town that was approved.  It worked out great.  WHat stage are you on your project?  If you haven't started you might consider there product, I am now a GC and an approved building with Sterling.  I would defnitely run it through my company for you, if your interested.  Good luck!  If you have any questions shoot me a message.

Kevin

Reply...

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By B in Marietta, OH on 4/4/2006

Hi Kevin:

Right now we are still in the planning and estimating stage.  We have our plans pretty much how we want them and are trying to figure a cost estimate for the construction.  I have talked with several differnet subs on a few different items, but have not gotten too far yet.  We are still working out all of the details on what we want: types of windows, doors, lighting fixtures, plumbing fixtures, etc.  The plan is once we have all of that planned out, we can send it out for real quotes from both Generals and the subs individually.  If a general comes back with a good price we may take it, but I am betting that we will be better off going with the subs and acting as our own general.  We don't plan to break ground until early next spring.

Reply...

Kevin's Forum Posts: 10
Interview Answers: 4

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Kevin in Morgantown, WV on 4/5/2006

B,

Good luck with getting everything together.  If you are looking for any subs down that way let me know.  I may be able to help.  If you are interested in panelized framing, let me know, when you get plans finished and you are getting closer to breaking ground.  I could get you a quote.  The company I use quotes framing, doors, and windows.  This also includes labor for setting the house.  Good luck and let me know if you need anything.

Kevin 

Reply...

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By B in Marietta, OH on 4/5/2006

Kevin:

Thanks!  I will let you know when we are closer and take you up on the offer for some info on subs in the area.  I will have to look at the panelized framing some more, but will definitely consider it. 

Regards,

Brian 

Reply...

Jim's Forum Posts: 1
Interview Answers: 1

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Jim in Wellston, OH on 4/10/2007

B,

We are in Wellston, near Jackson, OH and we are also  looking to do an OB home. We seem to be in the same place you are. We plan to break ground next spring. We are in the early planning stages. We have a floor plan pick out that we found on the web at Coolplans. We have a couple of small modifications we are making but not much. I was in the remodeling business for 15 years so I am going to act as the GC and do lots of the work myself. We too are interested in the packages for the home. If you find someone who will do the installation in the area let me know. We will do the same.

I have chatted with u-buildit and have done some initial contact with Owner Builder Alliance out of Atlanta. They have an affiliation with Cool House plans.

Any info you have would help. We will do the same.

J & C

Reply...

Reply... Subscribe to this topic

Copyright 1997-2018 Consensus Group Inc.