movers-and-packers Hyderabad, AL
370 Visits | 1 Posts | 1 Pix | 0 Videos
Investment-Propertie... Rochester, MN
421 Visits | 1 Posts | 0 Pix | 0 Videos
See all journals...

Current Top-Rated Posters

RatingPosts
Lance in Buena Vista, CO0.002

I'm new to this forum and I've learned a lot so far.
Francesca in Laytonville, CA

Try one of our new Construction Bargain Strategies for free. Coupon code: CBS. One strategy could save you $1,000 or $10,000 or maybe $50,000 when you build or remodel.
25,000 pages of free owner-builder resources.  We accept no ads.

KraftMaid outlet in Lordstown, Ohio

Filter by date: and/or Keyword

Reply... Subscribe to this topic

Missy's Forum Posts: 2

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Missy in Wintersville, OH on 1/13/2008

Has anyone recently been to the KraftMaid outlet in Lordstown, Ohio?
Reply...

Catharine's Forum Posts: 1

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Catharine in Willoughby, OH on 2/15/2008

We have been to the KraftMaid outlet and in fact did our entire remodel with their cabinets. It was well worth the trips that it took us to obtain our cabinets. I would recommend that the first time you go that you arrive at about 10 am. By this time the flurry is over and you can do a walkthrough to see what the place is all about. Look for the things you like, talk to people about how it works, and then go back a second time, arrive at 6 am and plan to shop on that day. Best of luck to you!
Reply...

Brian's Forum Posts: 23
Journal Entries: 29
Interview Answers: 50

Private Message

My Construction Website

Image from Brian's blog

Login to Vote

By Brian in Dexter, MI on 2/28/2008

Yes, we bought our kitchen there about two months ago. We live only three hours away, but we had someone locally help us shop. We ended up getting 31 praline maple cabinets with the most expensive solid wood raised door panel style for $4,000. If you want the contact info for the local guy that helped us, let me know. It's very confusing and without an experienced helper you might not get the set you want on your first trip.
Reply...

Marilynn's Forum Posts: 1

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Marilynn in Canton, OH on 3/6/2008

I read with interest your KraftMaid information. Would you let me know the name of your contact? I would like to shop there. Thanks for your help.
Reply...

Brian's Forum Posts: 23
Journal Entries: 29
Interview Answers: 50

Private Message

My Construction Website

Image from Brian's blog

Login to Vote

By Brian in Dexter, MI on 3/28/2008

This is the guy: cabinetwarehouseoutlet.com

Reply...

Lee's Forum Posts: 6
Interview Answers: 2

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Lee in Annapolis, MD on 4/2/2008

Missy - did you ever go to the KraftMaid Outlet? If so, what was your experience like? We have just poured our foundation and are starting to think ahead. It would be a five to six-hour drive for me to get there, and I am wary of making the hike for nothing.
Reply...

Kara's Forum Posts: 1

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Kara in Parsippany, AL on 1/19/2009

I saw your posting about the KraftMaid outlet and using someone local to help you. Would you mind sharing that contact? We are looking to go that route for a new kitchen this spring.

Thank you,

Kara

Reply...

Faye's Forum Posts: 286
Interview Answers: 140

Private Message

My Construction Website

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Faye in Marseilles, IL on 1/20/2009

I was just there in October and it was my second trip. Things haven't changed much and there is still a good selection. Crowds are much smaller and don't seem to be buying as much. The first time I was there (two and a half years ago) there seemed to be quite a few spec builders and rental owners. Now there seems to be mostly homeowners and remodelers. I wish I lived closer because there were a lot of nice detail items and built-ins that I just didn't have room for. I have a total of 90 cabinets that I will be installing next month. I will have some leftovers, but considering I only spent $4K for a 6,300 sf house -- I'd say I did well. The leftovers will go in the garage for storage.

One thing I noticed is that many people search for one specific color and will have to make many trips to get the exact cabinets they need. I chose to get different colors and try to stay with the same or similar style and will paint the cabinets to match. Doing this gave me a great deal more flexibility and made it easier to get all my cabinets in just two trips.
Reply...

Ruthann's Forum Posts: 1

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Ruthann in St. Clairsville, OH on 2/8/2009

I am interested in going to the KraftMaid outlet. I am in need of kitchen cabinets. Can you give me an general idea about prices? Also, does everything go early?
Reply...

Private Message

My Construction Website

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Faye in Marseilles, IL on 2/9/2009

Well, there is quite a range of prices because there is a large range of different items, There are not only cabinets but accessories and trim. Prices range from $10 to $125 roughly. On my last trip I was nervous because I didn't get in until the second group and was afraid everything would be gone, but it wasn't that bad. There was still quite a bit left. Remember it's only a half-hour between groups.
Reply...

Renee's Forum Posts: 1

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Renee in Gibsonon, FL on 2/17/2009

Brian,

Can you give me your local contact person you used for the KraftMaid Outlet store?

Reply...

Velika's Forum Posts: 1

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Velika in Jackson, NJ on 6/2/2009

Are there a lot of cabinets in white maple available at the Lordstown outlet? My mom is set on white maple and I'd just like to get an idea before I make the 7-hour trek out there. I guess I could always go with another maple and have them painted white, but I'm not sure how I'd go about that.
Reply...

Addie's Forum Posts: 1

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Addie in hayek, OH on 6/2/2009

Hi Brian,

I would like to get the name and number of your contact at KraftMaid's outlet. We are remodeling a large kitchen and the price Home Depot quoted us was exorbitant.

Thanks.

Reply...

Private Message

My Construction Website

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Faye in Marseilles, IL on 6/2/2009

Velika,

The inventory changes from week to week, so there is no way to know what you will find when you get there. It was a 7-hour trek for me too, but I was willing to be flexible. If you have to have very specific cabinets, then I would not recommend the outlet. It took me two trips and I will have to paint my cabinets to get them to match. I was not able to get a complete matching set due to the size and layout of my kitchen. You do save a considerable amount of $; but it is a lot of hard work to make the trip, search for the cabinets, bring them back, and store them.
Reply...

Mick's Forum Posts: 1

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Mick in Cincinnati, OH on 3/15/2010

Just went to the KraftMaid outlet. What a disappointment. My daughter was looking for a new kitchen and had read about the KM outlet. We drove up Friday night, spent the night, got in line at 5:30 AM, were in the first 150 into the warehouse. What all the other posters forgot to tell everyone is that they let employees and their families and friends in before everyone else.

Well, there were only about five sets available for purchase, and a poor selection from the racks. We could not find more than three cabinets and we needed about 18. Couldn't even match similar sets and purchase doors later. No choice for size, 36" wall cab., corner base cabinets, etc. Very poor choice. I don't know if it was just a bad week, but from all the other posts, it just didn't happen. Wouldn't recommend it for people living more than 20 miles away. We didn't see anyone loading up more than two to four pieces. More trim was sold than there were cabinets available.

Reply...

Private Message

My Construction Website

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Faye in Marseilles, IL on 3/15/2010

That is unique. There is usually a very large selection. Could be the economy has slowed production significantly. However, if you are looking for very specific cabinets, the warehouse is not for you anyway. The people it will work best for are people who are not picky and are willing and able to expend a little elbow grease.

I made three trips and each time picked up no less than 30 cabs and only spent $3,500 total. So there are deals available depending on what you are looking for. I painted and installed 72 cabinets in my new home at a cost of $4K. You will spend at least that on 18 cabinets at HD without hardware.

Those of you who are expecting to go once or twice and get exactly what you are "dreaming" about should go back and reread the posts. I don't think anyone has said that they made one trip and were able to get what they needed. Some make 5-6 trips over the course of 6 months, picking up 3-4 cabinets each time.

Reply...

Kessleen's Forum Posts: 3

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Kessleen in OH on 5/24/2010

Was just there last weekend for the first time! Thanks to everyone who has posted, we were more prepared than we thought we would be. There was a lot there, but my husband started to get picky and wasn't tagging anything to take home. I finally found Maple cabinets in Willow that I love! Only three this trip, but the total was only $63! Yes... that's right $60 plus tax- no marks, scratches, dings, or dents! I forgot to write down the days they are open in June. If anyone knows the dates, please let me know. I know this coming Sat. is a holiday weekend, so just hoping that June 5th they will be open. Again, thanks everyone!
Reply...

Reply... Subscribe to this topic

Copyright 1997-2020 Consensus Group Inc.