NorthPoleHome North Pole, AK
38,637 Visits | 40 Posts | 177 Pix | 0 Videos
See all journals...

Current Top-Rated Posters

RatingPosts
James in Beaumont, TX0.002
Timmy Weeks0.001
Steve0.002

Working smarter and spending wiser, O-B's can achieve much more on much less. Keep up the good work!
Bill and Amy L., Franklin, IN

Try one of our new Construction Bargain Strategies for free. Coupon code: CBS. One strategy could save you $1,000 or $10,000 or maybe $50,000 when you build or remodel.
25,000 pages of free owner-builder resources.  We accept no ads.

Consumer Stainless Steel Front Appliances

Filter by date: and/or Keyword

Reply... Subscribe to this topic

Joe's Forum Posts: 25

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Joe in Canon City, CO on 7/4/2005

Has anyone found a good deal lately on stainless consumer kitchen appliances?
Reply...

Paula's Forum Posts: 60
Interview Answers: 14

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Paula in Fredericksburg, VA on 7/4/2005

Sears scratch and dent outlets are the only deals I could find, and the ones worth buying aren't that much cheaper. A little, but not much.
Reply...

2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 Merit Award Winner
Contributing Editor

Kenneth's Forum Posts: 937
Interview Answers: 181

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Kenneth in Lees Summit, MO on 7/5/2005

There is a freight liquidator here in town that I found via eBay. He buys large quantities at huge discounts, not always knowing what he is getting. For example, when the local Galyans Sporting Goods chains closed down, he purchased the entire inventory. He then divides and organizes the inventory to resell to either other stores, direct through eBay, or who knows what.

Anyway, he deals with a lot of appliances too, many of them were installed in model houses and removed prior to sale. I gave him a list of what I was looking for, and when he got in his warehouse he called me. I paid about $0.40 on the dollar compared to what I could get typical at the store (which is about 20% off retail). As a bonus, when I was picking items up I also wandered through his warehouse to find other bargains I didn't even know I was looking for.

If you are anywhere near Kansas City, call me and I will try to hook you up with Moses.

Reply...

Victor's Forum Posts: 27

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Victor in El Paso, TX on 7/5/2005

Yeah, I'd be interested in getting in on this too. We used to live in KC and we're in W. TX now, so we're familiar w/KC and the drive to/from KC. I'll be sending you a PM Kenneth, thanks in advance.
Reply...

Andrew's Forum Posts: 55

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Andrew in Corpus Christi, TX on 7/5/2005

I have been looking around and found what looks to be some pretty good deals by an outfit that has an eBay store called Admark products. An example that I was looking at was a Frigidaire 34 c.f. built-in S/S refrigerator for a BuyItNow price of $1,788. Not too bad I think when compared to other similar "designer" units. Personally I would find it awfully hard to justify paying possibly 2-5x as much for a similar Sub-Zero or Viking unit just to have the name.

I'm also interested in a gas cooktop by Caldera calderacorp.com; they make a very nice professional gas cooktop. I think around $860 delivered direct.

Bottom line is that there are deals to be had, it just requires a little work to find them. Good luck.

Reply...

Victor's Forum Posts: 27

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Victor in El Paso, TX on 7/5/2005

The prices on appliances look really good, thanks for the link. I'm gonna try and use them to get a local price match +X% type deal here w/someone in town, it might work...
Reply...

Editor

Mark's Forum Posts: 153
Interview Answers: 248

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Mark in Provo, UT on 7/7/2005

Joe,

Elaine and I had good luck buying stainless appliances from Maytag last year. The fridge, a floor model, was around $1,000. I posted the story in my blog for Sept. 20, 2004.

ownerbuilderbook.com/book/blog.cfm

This was an upgrade for us, and we've been genuinely pleased with the quality of the appliances. Our electric bill is down from $99 to $67 a month.

All the best,

Mark

Reply...

Arnold's Forum Posts: 50
Journal Entries: 73
Interview Answers: 32

Private Message

My Construction Website

Image from Arnold's blog

Login to Vote

By Arnold in Colorado Springs, CO on 7/14/2005

Hey Joe,

I'm up in Colorado Springs, building in 03/2006.

I got an awesome deal from Appliance Factory Outlet in Denver at their scratch and dent sale. I had to show up two hours before it opened with a couple of buddies to run in and grab things we wanted.

I ended up getting pretty much all my appliances there. If you have any questions email me.

Description
Qty
Price(paid)
Internet Price
savings(%)
Link
36" GE Monogram SS Full Fridge
$2,000.00
$3,700
46%
KitchenAid SS Conv. Oven
$395.00
$1,799
78%

Jenn-Air Wine Rack
$898.00
$1,249
28%

GE profile cabinet front dishwasher
$598.00
$1,149
48%

Whirlpool gas dryer nat gas front load
$498.00
$899
45%

KitchenAid Warming Drawer
$288.00
$797
64%

KitchenAid Gas Grill
$1,260.00
$1,699
26%
GE Icemaker, under counter
$549.00
$1,249
56%

$6,486
$12,541
48%
$6,055

Reply...

Emma's Forum Posts: 1

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Emma in Milwaukee, WI on 1/24/2007

Stainless steel seconds or dented appliances.

Reply...

Tiffany's Forum Posts: 12

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Tiffany in Conway, AR on 5/13/2007

I've been looking at SS appliances on eBay but haven't noticed any kind of a price difference with what I can buy locally. I'm looking for GE Profile appiances. If anyone knows of any good buys on the Internet, please send me a link. Thanks!
Reply...

2008 Merit Award Winner

Pat's Forum Posts: 212
Journal Entries: 22
Interview Answers: 61

Private Message

Image from Pat's blog

Login to Vote

By Pat in Arnold, CA on 4/1/2008

We found a great eBay source for high end scratch-and-dent appliances. They happen to have a store front and we visited their shop over the weekend, incredible deals. Yesterday I spotted on eBay the 36" DCS range with a griddle in the middle that I've been wanting. It's my first purchase for the house and I plan over the next year buying things as I see deals.   

DCS 36" range with convection oven retail $5,400 - eBay price $3,253.

Ebay store: 2good4sale

Reply...

Jim's Forum Posts: 1

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Jim in Benoit, FL on 3/24/2009

Dear Kenneth,

My daughter and her husband are newly stationed in Wichita, KS and just bought their first stater home and were given a very low allowance for appliances. I just finished my retirement home in FL, spending $5,700 for $13,000 in appliances from a local scratch and dent place. Could you share the name and address of your guy there to help them out? They would probably be willing to rent a truck and go get the appliances for a good deal.

Thanks,

Jim

Reply...

Contributing Editor

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Kenneth in Lees Summit, MO on 3/25/2009

I haven't talked to him in several years. However he sold on eBay under the store name moesauction!. I checked this morning, he has no active listings on eBay. Good luck.
Reply...

nat's Forum Posts: 1

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By nat in Kansas City, MO on 4/16/2009

I live in N. KC by Zona Rosa. We have purchased a foreclosure and are remodeling. I am in need of appliances, please hook me up with Moe.

Thanks!

Reply...

Steven's Forum Posts: 51
Interview Answers: 60

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Steven in MN on 4/21/2009

I saw on some HGTV show that they bought an upright single-door fridge and freezer and put them together side by side with opposite-opening doors. It looked like a big, wide, custom stainless fridge/freezer for much cheaper.

Reply...

Contributing Editor

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Kenneth in Lees Summit, MO on 4/21/2009

That is a great suggestion, if you are planning your kitchen. To make this work even better, I would suggest building an offset in your wall so that you can push these deep appliances back further to counter depth. The wall my refrigerator is on is a common wall with the mudroom, and the wall behind the refrigerator is not flush with the wall behind the adjacent cabinets, allowing me to push this deep refrigerator in. No one is going to mistake this for a Sub-Zero built-in, but it is a much cleaner look than having that hulk of a refrigerator stick out several inches from counter depth as well.

I have seen the side-by-sides you are recommending, definitely a nice look if you have the space. And very cost effective, as a standalone freezer coupled with a standalone refrigerator is often cheaper than a standalone combination unit, and yet much more effective. Make sure your sparky gets enough electric there though as well.

Reply...

Susan's Forum Posts: 4

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Susan in Nashville, TN on 4/21/2009

A tip to consider: Whatever you do, make sure you can open your refrigerator doors at least 180 degrees so that you will be able to slide out the shelves and drawers for cleaning, or be willing to roll the refrigerator out far enough to clear the wall. When a refrigerator is next to a wall, you are only able to open the door approximately 90 degrees. With the refrigerator door storage compartments sticking out, it can make putting larger casserole dishes or other food storage containers into the refrigerator difficult, especially in side-by-side models. Who wants to roll the refrigerator out each time you have a larger container to put in or take out of the refrigerator?

Susan

Reply...

Jim's Forum Posts: 1

Private Message

Randomly Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Jim on 9/14/2012

Kenneth,

I am starting to buy rental homes and I would like to find a supplier of discounted items such as appliances and other construction materials. I read your note about the man with the warehouse with a carried selection of items. I would like to get any information about contacting him in the future. Thanks for any information.

Jim
Reply...

Daniel's Forum Posts: 19
Journal Entries: 1

Private Message

Daniel's Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Daniel in Price, UT on 4/24/2015

I see that LG has a rebate of up to $400 gift card for buying all four major appliances through the end of June; combine that with HD's 10% and that really adds up.
Reply...

Daniel's Forum Posts: 19
Journal Entries: 1

Private Message

Daniel's Selected Image

Login to Vote

By Daniel in Price, UT on 5/22/2015

I now see that GE has a similar rebate for up to $1,000; we are looking at five appliances for $750 rebate. 
Reply...

Reply... Subscribe to this topic

Copyright 1997-2018 Consensus Group Inc.