Posted to Southport-NC-Home by Adam in Southport, NC
on 11/11/2009 2:05:30 PM
Well, so much for a foundation this week :( Rain is in the forecast until Saturday. I called the foundation contractor, and he is willing to dig footers Sunday, pour Monday and lay block through Wednesday. I am keeping fingers crossed that next week is nice. If all that pans out, we can still start the floor next Friday.
On a positive note, my GC supplied me with a t-pole and we got power hooked up yesterday. Saved a couple hundred in materials there, so I can't complain. Also, the water is plowed in, and all I have to do is find a break in the weather to install a temporary hose bib so they can set the meter.
The truss guy called me today and sent me more drawings and specs in preparation for the roof. Everything is looking good there both availability and price-wise. We hope to have a roof on this thing in the next three weeks, weather permitting...
I am still waiting on window, door and soffit quotes to come in. This will be our third window/door quote, and I hear this supplier kills everyone else's prices... I can't wait to see where they come in.