I've been working on trying to get any number of things "done" now that the chandelier is up and solid. I took down all of the scaffolding, moving one section up to the second floor for eventual ceiling work and the rest around the edges of rooms right now. I moved some big and heavy bookcases I inherited from Colleen's grandmother to their desired locations (and they are indeed heavy; the man who owned them originally had them on rails and small tracks at his place).
One of the issues that had cropped up over the course of the summer was some solar work I had Solar LeRoy do, and today he was back up today to finish the some final work and tweak some settings. I had noticed that one of my charge controllers didn't seem to properly handle amperage and when the panels were in full sunlight it would seem as if all of the charge "moved" over to a different controller, leaving the original pulling zero amps. It took some trial and error but we eventually figured it out, tweaking some voltage biases that had somehow been introduced that were throwing things off.
While waiting for Solar LeRoy to arrive I took the opportunity to cut up and haul up all of the remaining plywood from the old shed I'd stacked out of the way. It was good to get this all cleaned up, and now I have a huge pile of stuff to burn once we get some wet weather again. I know from experience that old plywood burns pretty well, and cutting it up gave me a chance to tweak the chainsaw a bit too in preparation for potential winter fun.
All and all a good and useful day all around!
Steven in Colorado
My Construction Website
Login to Reply