After getting everything all properly painted
I wanted to actually put the hardware together so I could move on to ponder how to get the chandelier actually hung. Today I finally got that done.
It was of course trickier than I'd expected. There was no trouble at all in getting the canopy on and around the chandelier hook-and-ball itself, but it turned out that the screws that came with the canopy just wouldn't fit. To be precise, the screws that tie up into the hanger and hold the canopy "up" and attached simply weren't long enough. Grrr...
That little problem of course took hours. I have approximately nine billion screws in various buckets in the garage (that's just a rough estimate), but finding the right one--color, thread, and length--took a lot of trial and error. The most annoying part was when I would find only one candidate....I knew there had to be a second one in there somewhere, but finding that special second one always proved to be a bit elusive.
However, with much trial and error, I was finally successful! Huzzah!
So now the hardware is complete. I think I want to do one more weight test next though--I want to be very careful here, as one would expect. On the plus side I decided not to use the covers for the bulbs, so that right there will reduce the overall needed weight by a good 20 pounds. I'll get that rigged in the next couple of days.
Slow but sure, there's progress!
Steven in Colorado
My Construction Website
Login to Reply
|Everything is nice and tidy Way Up There....|