I didn't have much time this evening when I got home (too late to see very well), but I'd told myself that I would take down the glass canopy and the bulbs on the ceiling fan. With the second lift installed
yesterday I knew this would be relatively easy, and looking at the manual looked like it was.
Turned out to be a lot easier than I'd thought. Since I knew I was going to take the lights out I also knew I wouldn't have any light to work with, and since it was nearly dark I made sure to take a flashlight up there with me. I got the canopy off very easily and then I was duly astonished....
I had always thought the light up there was a bit dim, but had thought that it was simply because the ceiling fan was so high up there. I had loosely thought that there was a 100W or maybe a 200W CFL up there, didn't really know for sure.
Turns out the truth was much more horrendous--three small (candelabra sized) incandescent bulbs, rated at a measly 40W each. And one of those had burned out!
SO....I fetched down two of them with the lights on, then turned the remaining light off and shimmied up the scaffold to take down the third one.
I think that once I've got the antler chandelier up there it's going to make a world of difference....
Steven in Colorado
My Construction Website
Login to Reply
|There were three of these tiny little things up there in that ceiling fan.....|