So now that I've fixed up the worst (not all, just the worse) of the bad spots along the upper end of the road I can now focus on getting that frackin' door done. There's some history about that.
The saga of the Big Door stretches back to September, 2015
when it finally arrived at Tanglewood after many series of delays by the company that made it. By the time I got it up to Tanglewood winter was closing in, so I decided to just stash it inside and leave it all until spring.
Once Spring came around (2016) of course that's
when my existing batteries basically were dying and dying fast
. I decided that I needed to table the work with the door until I got some new batteries up to Tanglewood and installed, and by the time that was all said and done I'd lost half the summer. Okay, but I figured I still had time to get'er done!
So I made good use of the time, but everything of course took longer than expected. I got the old door out but cleaning up the mess took a couple of weekends, and then I had to delay an extra weekend so I could gather assistance in moving the chandelier into the house
. Then I got the new door installed....
...and installed it again when it wouldn't close properly....
...and installed it again when it wasn't level....
...and installed it again when it wouldn't close properly and it wasn't level (that was fun)...
...and then I was just flat out of time.....
So between walling up the door as best I could for the winter, and then the medical issues that cropped up during the winter of 2016 and early spring of this yea, and then the gravel fun, I couldn't get back to the door until this now. All of which is completely ridiculous.
BUT....I've a clear shot at it now. I have a theory about why it's not closing properly but I need to measure and check things every which way first. That's next weekend.
I will get this stupid thing done....it's taken far too long as it is!
Steven in Colorado
My Construction Website
Login to Reply