Yes it was conceivable that I could finish the drain lines this week. But, things got in the way as they often do. I made a decision on a drywall guy, and he is to start on Monday, doing the elevator shaft and the stairwell. The rest of the house will be drywalled in a couple months. But starting on the other now meant I needed to finally figure out the lighting for the stairwell. It also pushed me to finish the lagging odds and ends on the electric. Most are easily taken care of. But the stairwell was a killer! And took me a full two days. Part of the time was spent scratching my head on how to set up four separate lights clusters, each controlled from several floors. Next cutting through the ICF foam and ties, drilling through the concrete etc. and then stuffing gobs of wires into 4-gang boxes and getting them attached to the wall. Two full days! Horrible! And YES I needed one last roll of 14-2 wire to finish it. Will finish up the last of the wiring over the weekend along with a few things for the elevator shaft, and the drywall guy can start.
While I've been working on this, Sandra has been going gangbusters on a couple other things since she had finished setting foam pieces. She's gone though and put in nail protection plates over all the places where drain and vent pipes were too close to the edge of studs and could be hit with a screw when drywall goes in. Finished with that until I finish the plumbing, she went on and nailed all of the truss brackets (hurricane clips) into place. She'll run caulking next on the fourth floor in all of the stud bays and between the plates and sill. A time consuming project, but important to reduce the amount of air infiltration. Where I had started on caulking before, it was amazing how much leakage could be felt before caulking and how little afterwards.
So - progress is being made, and next week I'll get back to the plumbing. I should be able to call for an electrical rough-in inspection as well - FINALLY!
Login to Reply
|stud bays and space between the plates caulked, either with polyurethane caulk (dark) or foam (orange). Makes a huge difference on air infiltration|