After an extra month on the electric, it's pretty much wrapped up. Still waiting on the stairs to be built so I can set boxes for the sconces and need to run a line outdoors for the septic tank pump station but winter has returned and I'd rather work indoors. So I finished off the attic vents, baffles, and insulation on the shed roof at the top of the stairwell ( so the framers can run drywall up there before the temporary floors are removed to allow for the stairs). Figured it might be tough for drywallers to put it up after the stairs are in.
And then over the weekend, I finally started the plumbing - something I really don't enjoy, dread may be a better description. Not that I haven't done a lot in the past projects, but it's generally been a struggle to snake drain lines through the framing. And this is no different. So far, a fair amount of the last couple days has been in thought and reflection trying to figure some of it out, but I did finally start running the longest line which also has the most difficulty with getting the proper slope to exit the house. I'm having to use the minimum slope allowed and still just barely able to accomplish it without setting a sump tank and pump. It's slow going at the starting end because of the tight clearances. It should proceed quicker as I get further down slope as more room develops. I'm not going to give an estimated time like I did on the electric. I missed that pretty badly didn't I! Won't make that mistake again.
Login to Reply