I pulled the service entry cable through the two levels of floor joists on Saturday. Went from each subpanel to it's respective main disconnect. Was not very easy, being that everything was cold and stiff and it was just me pushing on one end and then going to pull on the other, trying to wind it through the joists on a diagonal to save wire. In the end, I had ZERO wire left over. That's cutting it way too close. If I had been short, I would have had to re-buy that run as it would be more expensive to try to splice a section in. Now I need to connect the runs at either end, but I'm missing a couple connectors, and while they are available in Santa Fe, nothing locally. I'll probably head there sometime this week to pick up a door that is supposed to arrive at HD, and will try to get the parts then.
Login to Reply
But no problem, always plenty of things to do and this is forcing me to finish the numerous things I had started and in my A.D.D. way, had moved on to something else. So today I finished the doors, putting on the handles and locksets, making some minor adjustments along the way, and adding all of the necessary screws to finalize the attachment to the door frames. Foamed the joints between the curved roof beam and the 4th floor wall where there was about a 3/4" gap to the outside. Went down to the garage and finished insulating the storeroom wall which I had started two weeks ago. My idea was to get that all closed in before cold weather came and froze the water line. Well, I didn't finish it, and it froze and cracked the main valve. Fortunately on the downstream side so it only sprayed when I was using water. I had the village shut off the line at the meter last Friday after finishing the scratch coat work. I'll have them turn it back on in Spring. But there is still a section protruding from the wall, and as the storeroom still isn't closed completely, I spent some time today attaching insulation batts around the remaining line in hopes it'll make it through the -15°F temps tonight. Get the door in (that is on it's way to HD) and close off the ceiling with plastic and I can throw a small heater in there if I have to.
And then tomorrow, I'll finally go back to finishing the tracks on the two remaining garage doors - yes, they are still uncompleted. We did set the 16' panels a couple weeks ago the day we lifted the French doors up stairs, but they have sat since. Tracks need to installed. And hopefully this week the door guy will be back with the new hardware for the one door we are trying it on. The company I bought the doors from has not been very helpful yet and I need to sit on them this week to get some answers.