Well, it's been an interesting week. I had hopes that being home much of the week I'd be able to hit the door installation hard and be finished up by this weekend.
Unfortunately that was not to be. Turned out my truck had some undercarriage things wrong with it, and taking that into town and shuttling back and forth ate up parts of two days. Then just for good measure I hit something horrible on the road the day after I got my truck back, so it had to go in again to have two tires replaced.
Then just for fun when I got ready to install the door I realized I had the "wrong kind" of construction adhesive. The instructions for the door aren't much, but one thing they did repeat (twice) was that I needed a polyurethane-based adhesive for attaching the bottom of the door to the sill. Of course the two kinds of adhesive I had weren't that, so I had to call that day short while I went into town to get the right thing.
Then Saturday, which would have normally been an install day, was also a road work day. The homeowners up here don't do much really, but once a year we organize to do work on the road (mostly trimming willows that will be in the way come winter snows). If you recall last winter we had that big tree fall down
, so this Saturday I helped cut it up (and claimed much of it as booty for the fire).
So I've got the frame for the door in and the added cross-bracing attached, but it isn't properly glued in yet. That will happen over the next day or so I suspect.
Steven in Colorado
My Construction Website
Login to Reply
|Looks much nicer turned into firewood....|