A major milestone today as the new battery stack is -- finally -- assembled and in place in the shed.
It's been a long time reaching this stage. I decided that this was the solution back in March
that I needed to invest in drastic overkill so I wouldn't be dealing with batteries again. The order got placed at the very end of March and they arrived in May, and then they took a month
to get up here and get into the shed -- but they are there now
Next weekend if all goes according to plan we'll test each cell to see if they still have the charge they should have and get them all connected together. If they don't need any top-off then we'll disconnect the Interstates, hook up these puppies -- and our power reserves should be much, much deeper.
I'll be quite annoyed if things go otherwise.
So below are a couple of pics of the battery stack all safe and snug on its racking. Each shelf carries just a bit over a ton of weight; there are four shelves. The whole thing is up an inch on a poured concrete floor that I took care to slope very very slightly backwards (about 3o) so that if there's any tendency at all for that shelf to tip it'll go back against the back wall of the shed (maybe 8").
Can't wait to get these monsters hooked up!
Steven in Colorado
My Construction Website
Login to Reply
|The battery rack in its totality. You can see some of the Outback equipment on the left, and the table with my monitoring computer on the right.||
|A closeup of one of the batteries. Positive (red) is on the top with this one, negative (black) is on the bottom. Right now the terminals are covered with orange protective plastic caps.|