Okay, progress made!
I realized shortly before I got the new battery stack that I'd probably have to do some remedial concrete work in the shed as the area it needed to sit was just about exactly the area that wasn't all that flat. Once I put the rack footing down it was very obvious indeed, so I set about to build up the area to allow for an extra raised "platform" of support.
Poured the slab yesterday and checked it this morning. It's curing quite nicely and I think by this coming weekend it'll be ready to take the racking and (eventually) the batteries. I was extremely careful to make sure this slab was level every way I could measure it. Actually, there's one minor exception to that -- front/back has a slight (very slight) incline towards the rear of the shed. The theory here is that if (Odin forbid) this rack tries to fall over, this will encourage it to fall backwards against the shed wall rather than forward onto all of that solar equipment.
That's the theory, anyway. One hopes it'll never actually be tested.
So now we wait. Concrete has to cure and there's really no rushing that.
Can't wait to get my new system hooked up though! :)
Steven in Colorado
My Construction Website
Login to Reply
|I removed the plastic covering to check how well things were curing and to re-wet the concrete slightly (helps make it stronger).|