I've made headway towards the things the inspector wanted done, including changing out the bathroom vent termination that he said was too small. Actually I bought the square one and fastened it over the other. No change in size, but it's easier than arguing.
Got the cabinets marked on the wall around the stove, so he can see the elevations. Got the dryer vent changed, changing the return air location. But need some ducts made so went today to order them. Have the instructions for the water heater to show the vents are done correctly. Got the insulation changed on the AC suction lines. And most importantly, I finally got an engineer after several tries. Supposed to come out Wednesday to review the fireplaces. We have to get gas hooked up as last week was a preview of the weather that will be here before long. Until the fireplace thing is worked out, we're stuck. In the meantime, getting odds and ends done.
All but three of the doors are hung. Final three getting urethaned. Master and guest baths are finished with the exception of connecting the clawfoot tubs.
Todd is on tour for the month, so we're missing that help. Especially tomorrow when the cabinets arrive. 11 pallets of knocked down units. It'll be up to Sandra, Cassidy and I to move it all inside. But that will be the chore for the day. And then we can go about putting it together bit by bit while waiting for ductwork and the engineer's response.
Login to Reply