It's been over six months since the last post and an equal time since I've made the trip up there. Been thinking about the easement issue, since we never heard back from the folks on the next lot after we declined to grant the easement thru our building site. Wondered whether they may have just gone ahead and done something anyway. I guess I shouldn't think that way about folks, but after what they had already done without permission, it was in my thoughts. I had business in NM this week so last night I made my way up there and saw that nothing had been touched. That's great!
As we need to get the plans modified, I checked on a draftsman whose name I had been given. Unfortunately he was out of town for several days. And I learned that unfortunately too, he still drafts by hand. I appreciate the skill that takes, but - what I need to have someone do, is to take the CAD drawings we have already and slice one end of the house off and in doing so, modify a few other rooms a bit. If he doesn't do CAD, he'd have to start from scratch, and charge me the full amount. I'll talk to him when he gets back, but I really need to find someone. As we should be finished on the Mutton Busting project by fall, it's conceivable that we could have things started before we get there, at least the foundation. But before that, we need to tie the numbers down and that means a new set of plans. We also decided that we'll most probably contract having the shell put up. I was always going to have some of the big stuff done by others, but it makes more and more sense to get the shell up so we can get it up a lot quicker than me by myself. Then I can take off on the interior stuff in the dry and relative warmth.
Login to Reply