Is how I feel these days. So many things to get done, that it's hard to decide what to work on and so many things depend on others. and the sheetrock timing seems to keep moving further back. We've run a number of lights and receptacles at strategic locations so that we don't have to drag extension cords and light around much anymore. Got the lights in the basement in up and started to set the furnace, but have run into an issue on both furnaces with the vertical distance for condensate fall as these are being installed horizontally. Headroom is the issue as both the attic and the crawlspace are limited on that and I need to elevate them a few inches more. Todd and I laid out where the first floor registers will go last Saturday while I try to think about the furnaces for a few days. Need to cut the openings and start trying to install the boots and ducts this weekend, and try to run the main 12" line down the center - if I figure out the furnaces.
Water heater is set to go back up in the new location. I've got the plumber coming out for the gas lines next Wednesday so it, the furnaces and the gas logs all need to be in the correct locations by then. Once the water heater is up, it needs to have a relief valve and drip pan drain installed as well as its condensate line put in. Like I said -a lot of things need to get sorted out.
The past Sunday, we insulated the wall in the lower bath where we are going to install the beaded ceiling boards that Sandra refinished a few weeks ago. I then went and sheetrocked it, as well as the ceiling above it and small strips on either side. Just enough to allow us to cover with the boards and not get in the way of the rockers later. The purpose was to get the boards up and out of the way so they don't get damaged as we continue to work.
Login to Reply
The wall was rocked in order to seal better as the fit of the boards is far from perfect. Indeed there are irregular holes present, lending to a rustic feel, but definitely not something you want open to the interior of the wall. Sandra will paint the rock with leftover brown paint that should blend well with the boards where it shows through.
As Sandra and I are both traveling, the kids didn't have anything that they could do without some guidance which is a shame with all we have to do before sheetrock. But recently we discussed extending the back deck with an intermediate level deck, and they decided to tackle that and try their hand at something by themselves from the get go. They set the posts yesterday and set the framing today. So far it looks quite good although they find that it takes far longer than one expects! Ha ha! Now maybe they understand! It's a great opportunity and source of pride to do something on their own like this and I'm proud they have the ambition and guts to take it on!