Finally got slightly above freezing on Saturday, and warmed into the low 40s on Sunday, but with the house so cold, it was warmer outside. But we had made it through the worst of it and had kept at it every day. Kept turning on the heater, but it would escape quickly. Best just to warm ourselves directly when we got too cold.
I got the area behind the knee walls floored finally. A lot of caulking yet to do to seal them. Much of it will be done with standard caulk, but I'd like to use the rest of my spray foam to seal it against the blocking between the joists on top of the outside wall that Todd put in a couple months back. The fits on the blocks weren't always the best due to warped joists and such. Spray foam would make it a lot easier to seal. The long range forecast shows it might get up close to 60 in about a week. It would be great if it does and I can finish that.
Todd and Cass have run more electrical. We're trying to get the downstairs done before moving up. Lots of lights receptacles, multi-way switches. I'm getting them to label the wires in each box so we can keep track of what's what. Also need to put it down on paper - something I should have started with in the first place!!! But my ADD got the better of me! ;-)
Got the water heater hung on Sunday. Need to figure how I want to run the intake and exhaust pipes. Also figured how to set the overflow pan for the washer and set the drain for it. Been thinking for a while how that was going to be done. As that all needs to be in before the sheetrock goes up.
We've got furring on the ceiling to do in the every room but the dining room ( it was the only room that had had level ceiling joists). When Todd and I get back we need to jump on that so we can finish the recessed lights downstairs. In the meantime, Sandra can caulk the flooring joints behind the knee walls, and Cass can run the wiring between the boxes for the smoke alarms, and set boxes for sconces. That should keep them busy till I get back.
Login to Reply
|Behind the knee walls used to be open. Even after sheetrock, without closing it off as I've done here, wind would have penetrated from the attic between all of the ceiling joists of the first floor. |