Wind chill of -3 right now, temp at 19. Will remain below freezing day and night until next week. Todd called and asked if I was headed over the the house. I almost said no, but instead said yes, as long as I can hold out. Losing five days of time for cold weather is not an option. And it'll prepare me for the Last Rodeo build right?
If we could just get it to the point where warm air from the torpedo heater would remain in the house. But it is still completely open to the eaves and will be until I get the framing inspection and can close off the knee walls.
So we went over this afternoon. Left as it got dark. Temp at 13. Tomorrow will be a high of 20. Left a couple halogen lights going in the basement and took down all of the latex paint, muriatic acid and bleach. Anything that would freeze at 0F. It was already significantly warmer down there but hoping the heat from the lights ensures that.
Went and ordered the rest of the replacement windows. 9 total. We should be good on the plumbing, we should be done with electrical in a few weeks. Want to make sure we don't get stuck waiting on something. Also ordered the two HVAC systems. Set up delivery for a week that Todd and I are both in town so we can handle the delivery. They also need to be in before the framing inspection, so might as well begin preparing that.
Login to Reply