Previously, I had been using this system (Micro-Blaster) for breaking up rock. It was working, but not as well as I hoped. North Alabama has some very hard limestone. That's one of the reasons Toftoy and Werner Von Braun chose the site for rocket testing in the Fifties (at least, that's what's I've always heard). But, I assure you limestone comes in various densities, and this is in the upper range.
Anyway, I tried more than one cartridge per hole and that worked wonders. To the point that one hole with two cartridges was more effective than three holes with one cartridge each. Still, I have a lot of rock on my site, so my goal in this current excursion was to weaken as much as I could at various places so that the rock hammer would be more effective than it was last time. Hopefully equaling less equipment time.
Here's the current state. Hard to tell the difference, but on the backside of the large bolder, a lot was broken up. The stuff on the front would just slide into the street if I did more.
Login to Reply