Well, we are trying to keep a positive outlook. Mother nature struck again. We had severe weather last weekend which included about 3 inches of rain and high winds. Luckily, the carpenters did not install the wall sheathing. We do not have a roof either. Knowing we had some bad weather coming, Chad made sure our walls were well braced. A tornado hit over the weekend 5 miles from our house. The tornado hit a farm right by Spencer, SD. 10 years ago Spencer was wiped out by a Tornado. We luckily had no damage! I am so glad we didn't sheath the house or we would have lost our walls.
Login to Reply
That said, no one has been working on our house this week. The rain made things to muddy for heavy equipment and as I wrote previously, our roof trusses are on back order. The plumber is supposed to start on our basement rough in and septic system today. If he can get this done quickly, we can pour the basement and garage floors next week and continue framing while we wait for our roof trusses. I figure we are about a month behind now with weather amd material delays. However, we gave ourselves enough time on our schedule that we should be able to make some time up once the house is dried in.
We have decided not to sheath the house until we know what day the roof trusses will be delivered. Then we will sheath the day before. No knowing what the weather will do in the next two weeks.